HOW TO SPOT AN ELECTRICAL GREMLIN BEFORE IT CAUSES PROBLEMS
Outlet, Switch or Breaker Problems
Issues with your circuit breaker, outlets or switches may indicate problems with the electrical wiring. Circuit breakers that are overloaded or simply aged may trip frequently, and loose wiring or broken electrical devices may cause your outlets or switches to stop consistently working. If any of these problems occur on a regular basis, it’s best to schedule a professional inspection to identify the underlying issue.
Flickering or Overheating Lights
If your ceiling lights flicker or give off excessive heat, there may be a problem with the bulbs you’re using or with the wiring itself. To rule out bulb issues, verify that each bulb is screwed in tightly and that you are using the correct wattage for the fixture. If you’ve addressed these issues and the problem persists, it’s best to have a professional take a look at the fixture or the wiring.
Other Warning Signs
There are various other seemingly innocent developments that can reveal serious home electrical problems. Be on the lookout for the following issues:
Large or persistent sparks
Burning odors originating from outlets or switches
Shocks from touching appliances
It’s normal to occasionally notice minor shocks when you walk over carpeted areas or small sparks from outlets. However, if you observe any of these other signs, you should contact a professional who can identify the origin of the problem.
When dealing with home electrical problems, remember that these issues have the potential to cause property damage and serious physical injury. To avoid unnecessary risks, make sure to enlist the help of a professional electrician if you notice any of the above issues or any other abnormal problems with your electrical system.
HOURS OF OPERATION
MONDAY - FRIDAY: 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM
SATURDAY - SUNDAY: Closed
EMERGENCY SERVICE 24/7 – HOLIDAYS INCLUDED